Thanks to a new post on Twitter by Phil Spencer, it’s been announced that the head of the Xbox and his team are currently in Japan. According to him, Microsoft employees will talk and listen to Japanese publishers and developers on the topic of gaming development in 2020 and subsequent years.
Last March, Spencer visited Japan and Korea to speak with local publishers. One can only speculate about the results of those negotiations, but a few months after his last year’s trip for the Xbox One, games of the Yakuza and Kingdom Hearts series were announced. Square Enix also agreed to add the entire Final Fantasy lineup to the Xbox Game Pass subscription catalog.
In 2020, for the Xbox One and PC Xbox Game Pass subscription will be available:
- Yakuza 0
- Yakuza kiwami
- Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
- Final fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
- Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy XV
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days (HD Remastered Cinematics)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
- Kingdom Hearts Re: coded (HD Remastered Cinematics)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
- Phantasy Star Online 2
Notably, Nintendo America’s president, Doug Bowser, is also located in Japan.
Spencer is now preparing to launch the Xbox Series X.
What other Japanese games would you like to see on the Xbox?